Sunday, January 18, 2009

There is a Reason...

...that I do not bake and decorate cakes for a living! This :


I did one of these candle cakes for Lily's first birthday. You could tell it's a candle, right? Anyway, I decided to make it a tradition to bake one for every future grandchild's first birthday. It too the ENTIRE day and nearly caused me to have a nervous breakdown. I don't know why--it just seemed that everything that could go wrong, did go wrong! And I am not that good, obviously, at decorating. But I was glad that I did it and everyone said it tasted wonderful. By the way, the candle is strawberry with strawberry icing and the flame is chocolate with white icing. That marbley looking part on the flame is supposed to look like fire. What can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment