Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Today we spent several hours running around in the bitter cold shopping for the Littlest Princess' birthday party on Sunday. The cold sure didn't keep people at home either! We actually had some snow on the way home, but it was too dry to do anything except blow around.

I know that we aren't used to these temperatures here in Tennessee, but I cannot tell you how many people I saw out today with no coat--in fact some in SHORT SLEEVES of all things. And I assure you it wasn't because they didn't have heavier clothes. Folks just don't think about how dangerous it would be if they had car trouble or something. Oh my, I sound like my mother-in-law! She always warned us to have coats and a blanket in the car when we went out "just in case you are stuck on the side of the road". Oh well She did give good advice so I guess it's okay if I sound like her.

Tomorrow I'm baking a cake for the party and making a centerpiece so maybe I'll have some pictures to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment