Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Holy Week

I just read the new post on the LPM blog about Palm Sunday and memories of Easter. I was thinking about my favorite part of this week, Holy Week, between Palm Sunday and Easter. I love that our church has a Maundy Thursday service, celebrating the Lord's Supper and really reminding us of what is about to happen. From the upper room to the Mount of Olives, to Calvary and then the tomb. But then VICTORY on that first Easter morning. He is risen!

This is the real celebration for us. Christmas is important, of course. Without His birth, there would be no life to end on the cross. But without the resurrection, there would be no Savior.

In the cross, in the cross, be my glory ever; til my raptured soul shall find rest beyond the river. Oh praise His Holy Name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment