Friday, February 27, 2009

Memory verse

I just realized that I never posted my Feb. 15th memory verse. I have been working on it though. It's a good thing because Sunday is the day for #5. I haven't been able to memorize this many verses since I was a little girl in Sunday school. I still remember some of them, but the fact that I am actually doing this now is amazing to me. All I can say is that the Holy Spirit is helping or I wouldn't be!

I started learning this out of the NIV, then read it in the NKJV and decided I liked it better. So here goes (let's see if I can do it from memory):

Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His,
And give thanks at the remembrance of His Holy Name.
For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:4-5
There! I had to peek at a couple of words, but all in all, not too bad.
On the LPM blog, they have asked if anyone wants to share what this has meant to them. I know that I have regularly "recited" my verses and am so happy that it is a way to direct my thoughts to God and away from negative thoughts. That in itself is a true blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment