Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sewing

I have been trying to sew for the girls as much as possible. I love to make cute things for them! Here is my latest project:


I made these tunic length and used fat quarters and ribbon from Wal-Mart. Very fun and very simple. There are some good tutorials here and here . The second one is the one I found and followed more closely. It was one of those things that I just wanted to do NOW and couldn't find bandanas I liked, hence the fat quarters. I just did a rolled hem on the serger all the way around and went for it. I was able to make them more tunic length since I had the extra inches. I love how they turned out! Easy, cheap and fast. What's not to love? 

I did make dresses for them from some shirred fabric I had in my stash. You know, just one seam and some ribbon ties and you are good to go.

So, I hope you are having a great week so far and we'll talk soon. Love and blessings from the Parsonage!

1 comment:

  1. How very clever and nicely done. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a really nice spot for your readers to visit and I enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete