Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Just Love God

Sometimes my heart is just not big enough to hold all the love I have for Him. And for his children....sometimes. I admit that I get so upset with "church people" that I just want to throw up my hands and quit. Kind of like Jonah. I'll just give up ministry and go out and sit under a vine until the Lord takes me Home. And then I realize that they are just people too, and that no matter how irritating they can be, and no matter how much they seem to have it all together, they are just people. "As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him; for He knows how we are formed. He remembers that we are dust." (Psalm 103:13-14) That is one of my memory verses for this year. Number 7, to be exact. Wonder why God would want me to memorize that one? I thought it was so that I could remember that I am dust and that I fail, but God has compassion on me. I think that is one reason. But the other reason, undoubtedly, is so that I will remember that my fellow sojourners are also dust. And they fail, just like I do. And the Lord has compassion for them, just like He does for me. I see, Lord. Thank you for the reminder! Forgive me for even thinking of giving up!

No comments:

Post a Comment